9 Different Ways to Fix Facebook App Crash on Andriod
- 9 Different Ways to Fix Facebook App Crash on Andriod
- Fix Facebook App Crash | Install an Older Version of the Facebook App
- Fix Facebook App Crash | Disable Power Saving Mode
- Fix Facebook App Crash | Download Facebook Lite
Fix Facebook App Crash – Facebook is one of the most used social media today, both young and old uses it around the world. But sadly, as other apps, Facebook app is not free from bugs and crashes at times, there is no way a thing will exist without a problem. But no worries, here, you will know how to fix Facebook crash on your device.
I know of 9 solutions on how you can fix the Facebook app, to know that; read below:
Fix Facebook App Crash | Reboot Phone
The first solution to most issues on every device is to reboot your device, if you even go to a tech, the first thing to be done is to restart your phone, and this is done because it solves the issue most of the time. ALSO READ: Newspaper Theme | Activate Newspaper 8.0 Theme 2018
Fix Facebook App Crash | Log Out From The App
The next thing to be done is to log out from app, sometime the issue might be from your account, so when you log out changes can be made. To log out from your account, you can follow the below steps:
- Open the Facebook app and click on the three-bar icon located at the top-right corner
- Click on Log Out
- One you log out, log in again.
Fix Facebook App Crash | Clear Cache
This is similar to restarting your device, clearing cache might also help solving the issue, it will be done without erasing any important data, it will only delete temporary files. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to the device settings and click on Apps & Notifications or App Manager (it depends on the option present in your device)
- If the apps are available, click on all apps, otherwise click on Installed apps
- In Installed apps, click on Facebook
- Click on Storage and tap the Clear cache button.
Fix Facebook App Crash | Clear Data
Clearing data can also solve the issue if clearing cache did not work out. Clearing data is extremely different from clearing cache as this will log you out from the app and then delete the app settings and the media downloaded from Facebook.
If images have been downloaded from Facebook, make use of a file explorer or gallery to move them from the Facebook folder to another folder. That is the reason why clearing data helps because it wipes out everything that is present in the Facebook folder.
To clear data of the Facebook app, follow the steps 1-3 for Clear cache, then click on Storage and instead of clicking on the Clear cache option, click on Clear Storage/ Clear data.
Fix Facebook App Crash | Update the App
There might be a bug in the Facebook app which might cause the crash on the app. To resolve this, go to Google Play Store and go to My apps, check for available update for the Facebook app, if there is an available update, install it immediately. Once it has been installed, restart you device.
Fix Facebook App Crash | Reinstall the App
You can also try fixing the issue by reinstalling the Facebook app by deleting it first and reinstall it on your device. To uninstall the app, go to Play Store and search for Facebook, then click on the Uninstall button. ALSO READ: Killer Content | Why You Should Create Killer Contents
You can also uninstall it by going to App & Notification or App Manager in Settings. Click on Facebook and click on Uninstall button, then reinstall the app again by downloading it from Play Store.
Fix Facebook App Crash | Install an Older Version of the Facebook App
If the above option does not work out, try installing an older version of the Facebook app. To do that, follow the below steps:
- Uninstall the Facebook app
- Go the ApkMirror.com and visit the Facebook app page. When this is done, you can download the APK file for the previous version of Facebook
- Since you have not download the APK file from Play Store, you will have to enable the Unknown Sources setting to install APK files on device that runs Android 7.0 Nougat and below. To enable this, go to Settings on your device and click on Security/Privacy, then enable Unknown Sources and proceed to step 4. For devices that runs Android 8.0 Oreo and above, follow the next step
- Click on the download file to install the APK file, you will be asked to go to Settings when you click on the APK file on Android 8.0 Oreo and above. To safely install APK files, enable the toggle next to Allow from this source in the Settings.
Fix Facebook App Crash | Disable Power Saving Mode
The power saving mode can also be the source of the problem. To che3ck if that is the issue, you need to disable the Power Saving Mode. To do this, go to Settings on your device and click on Battery. When there, disable the Battery Saver Mode. You can also turn off the Battery Saver Mode from Quick Settings in the Notification panel.
Fix Facebook App Crash | Download Facebook Lite
If all the above method those not work, you can try downloading Facebook Lite app or use Facebook from the website on your device. Facebook Lite is an alternative to the Facebook app.