FIRS – Federal Inland Revenue Services Recruitment 2017
FIRS – Federal Inland Revenue Service has become a trending search presently as a result of the high rate of unemployment in Nigeria. In the first place, so many applicants are looking online to find direct FIRS application links and to when out when Federal Inland Revenue Services Recruitment 2017 will begin. Similarly, other are trying to download FIRS shortlisted candidates names complete list.
In other words, other applicants are trying to find the ‘Federal In
land Revenue Service Aptitude Test Questions and answers to prepare them for upcoming recruitment test in case the FIRS recruitment commences online. This is because nobody whats to be caught off-guard. For this reason, the search continues. Lastly young applicants ask questions about FIRS salary scale to help them prepare their minds whether to Apply for FIRS Recruitment or not.
MORE ABOUT FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE (FIRS)
The Federal Inland Revenue Service started as part of a colonial tax organisation under the name the Inland Revenue Department of Anglophone West Africa.The Nigerian Federal Inland Revenue Service was …Know More about Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
As a matter of fact, FIRS Recruitment process is carried every year to employ new staffs to fill various job positions in the Federal Government Civil Service in the following state/locations in Nigeria.
The location(s) are: • Abia • Abuja • Adamawa • Akwa ibom • Anambra • Bauchi • Bayelsa • Borno • Cross River • Delta • Benue • Edo • Ebonyi • Ekiti • Enugu • Gombe • Jigawa • Kaduna • Kano • Katsina • Kwara • Lagos • Kogi • Niger • Ogun • Ondo • Kebbi • Osun • Oyo • Imo • Nassarawa • Plateau • Rivers • Sokoto • Taraba • Yobe • Zamfara • Federal Capital Teritory Abuja (F.C.T).
Last year, the FIRS recruited thousands of employee ranging from different position and cadre in the civil service. The questions; is FIRS Recruiting Now 2017 @ here? FIRS Recruitment Portal 2017/2018? The correct answer to the question can only be revealed when we get confirmations from FIRS official website and recruitment portal. Written below are few jobs positions as published by Federal Inland Revenue Services on their recruitment portal.
FIRS Recruitment (Assistant Manager, Tax – SL 08)
1. Specialization: • Finance / Accounting • Government Agencies / Public Sector
2. Industry – Government Civil Service
3. Application Deadline: Job Listing not open yet, View More Jobs in this Company
4. Job Type: Full time
FIRS JOB DETAILS
The Federal Inland Revenue Service as part of its consolidation strategies, wish to engage the services of early starters who have the integrity, drive and desire to win professionally and to strengthen its workforce.
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Tax – SL 08
1. Supervising a number of Officers responsible for the assessment of small companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
2. Conducting enquiries into the affairs of small companies
3. Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
4. Conducting on the job training for tax Officers;
5. Examining Tax returns and raising additional assessment where necessary
6. Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars
1. Manage and supervise existing core-tax functions within the business, identifying areas with unregistered taxpayers and least compliance.
2. The successful candidate should be highly organized, numerate and possess strong interpersonal skills to represent the team externally and internally.
3. The individual should ideally have commercial-business knowledge with ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
4. The position requires someone who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging targets and deadlines. Current membership of a relevant professional institution is essential
Recommended Course to Learn: Advanced Excel Training
1. Job requirements min required experience: 6 year(s)
2. Min qualification: B.Sc/HND
3. Desired courses: • accounting • law • economics • banking and finance • engineering • geology • statistics
1. Minimum Qualifications/Skills Base
2. A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
3. Or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
4. Computer literacy and conservancy with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
5. Strong leadership and management skills
6. Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
7. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
8. Strong Analytical skills
10. Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
11. Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws
Additional/Minimum Qualification and Experience:
1. Minimum six (6) years relevant experience in a Government, international organization or private firm in a similar role.
2. Membership in any of the following Accountancy bodies or their recognized equivalents.
RECOMMENDED POST; IFRC FRESH RECRUITMENT 2017
Prove of certificate(s) obtained by the following exam bodies:
• Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
• Association of Certificate and Corporate Accountants (ACCA)
• Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountants (CIPFA)
• Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA) U.K
• Society of Incorporated Accountants and Auditors (SIAA)
• Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
• Institute of Chartered Accountant of England /Wales (ACA)
• Chartered Public Accountants, CPA
Experience required for Federal Inland Revenue Services Recruitment 2017
In the light of getting recruited for this job, a successful track record of consistent personal achievement for at least six (6) years in required, two (2) of which must be a practical hands-on experience at a supervisory level, and be relevant in the management and supervision of business accounting strategies in taxation in large scale public/private sector organization
Demonstrated experience with the following:
1. Conversant with Nigerian Tax principles, laws and applications
2. Prioritization of task and identification of needed resources to conceptualize ideas into actionable steps.
3. Professional skill/courage in enforcement of tax laws application
4. Analyzing large/medium/micro & small scale business accounts
5. Virtualizing possible gaps in business transactions
6. Interpretation of business accounts
Other Skills required by FIRS:
1. Good knowledge of taxation principles and laws
2. Experience in applications of tax laws and enforcement of tax laws
3. Proven track record of delivering set targets
4. People Management and development
Minimum Character Attribute of Candidates:
1. Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence or should not have been indicted at or dismissed from their places of work or other environment
2. Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Minimum Past Performance level:
1. Demonstrated ability to determine conformity and non- conformity to set standards in processes and procedures AND demonstrated courage and ability to eliminate, rectify or close determined non-conformity to standard character attributes
2. Demonstrated courage in ensuring change within the organization he or she has worked through the effective discharge of his or her responsibility in spite of resistance to change efforts
3. Demonstrable impactful presence in the work place as a direct result of the individual’s ability to effect positive and sustainable change in his/her environment
4. Method of Application
Applicants are expected to fill their FIRS applications Forms online.
Application forms can be found on the career page at the FIRS Website.The FIRS Application Portal will be available with effect from; ( Will be updated ASAP) when the FIRS site is updated.
RECOMMENDED POST; IFRC FRESH RECRUITMENT 2017
Searches related to Federal Inland Revenue Services recruitment 2017
• firs recruitment 2017
• federal inland revenue service recruitment
• federal inland revenue service Lagos
• functions of federal inland revenue service
• firs recruitment list
• federal inland revenue service salary
• firs recruitment portal 2017
• firs shortlisted candidates
• federal inland revenue service Abuja
• firs salary scale
Find this Post helpful, please share and subscribe to our website.